Monday, February 24, 2014

B-17 Then and Now - Part 1



This blog is to document the creation of my work entitled “B-17 Then And Now”.



It all started with my attending an air show at Niagara Fall, New York in 2007. A B-17 that that was used in the filming of the 1990 movie “Memphis Belle” was on display. Knowing that my Photoshop CS5 had the capability of stitching multiple images into a panorama, I took 5 overlapping shots of the bomber with many people milling about in front of her.

 

After stitching them together in and cleaning it up a bit Photoshop, I thought I was pretty much done with the image. The somehow I got the idea to do a then and now composition, with the plane at the air show on the bottom and the same plane on a combat mission above.



The first real challenge I faced was to reconstruct the bottom of the B-17 that was obstructed by all those people standing if front of her.

That will be the subject of part 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment